Some classes require permission to enroll in (add) or drop a class. When you have been granted a permission, you will receive an e-mail notification and the permission will display on the View My Class Permissions page in your Student Center.
- You are NOT automatically registered for a class, you must use Backpack/Registration to complete the class registration process.
- If you are on the waitlist for a class and do not register by the permission expiration date, you will be automatically dropped from the waitlist.
- If the Drop/Add deadline has passed, consult with your Advising Office in your academic unit and follow their Late Add procedure in order to process your registration.
- Add the class to your Backpack.
- To register for a class before the Drop/Add deadline, the class needs to be in your Backpack. If the class is not already in your Backpack, add it by searching by the 5-digit class number (quickest way to find the correct class and section). Note, the class may also appear on your class schedule as waitlisted. In this case, you do not need to drop from the waitlist, but you still need to add the class to your Backpack.
- Register for the class.
- Verify the class section and class number in your Backpack match your permission. If they do not match, remove the class from your Backpack and add the correct class to your Backpack. Select the class from your Backpack and proceed with the 3-step process to add a class.
- Tip: If you are replacing a class for which you are already registered with this class for which you received permission, try the Swap function. It will attempt to drop and add the selected classes at the same time.
- Verify your Class Schedule
- When you are finished registering, check your Class Schedule to ensure you have successfully registered for the appropriate class.
If you have permission to drop a class, you must go to the backpack/registration pages and drop the class. After you drop the class, check your class schedule to make sure it no longer displays.